Sunday, November 9

Soy-steamed Tilapia Fillet en Papilliote


I went to the supermarket over the weekend in search of what to cook for my brownbag lunch this week and chanced upon a sale on tilapia fillets! At first I was thinking tilapia burgers but I realized my blender was broken. Then I remembered watching one of Kelsey Nixon's "Kelsey's Essentials" episode and I realized this is what I'm gonna do with my fillets.







Soy-steamed Tilapia Fillet en Papillote
Serving: 2
Marinade:
1 clove garlic, minced/grated
2 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
2 tsp kecap manis (optional)
2 tsp honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesami oil
zest and juice of half a lemon
few drops of hot sauce (optional)

2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets (you can also use salmon)
1/3 cup celery julienned
1/3 cup red bellpepper, julienned
1/3 cup spring onions, sliced about 1 1/2 inch long
1/3 cup carrots, julienned
ground black pepper
1/4 cup cilantro
4 slices of lemon
2 sheets of parchment paper, each one cut into a heart and folded in half

1) In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the marinade.

2) Divide the vegetables evenly among the 2 sheets of parchment and season with the marinade. Place the fillet on top of the vegetables and drizzle the marinade over the fish. Top with 2 slices of lemon and cilantro.

3) Fold the other half of th parchment paper over the fish and overlap small folds among the open edge to seal. Steam for 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.

4) Transfer the packets into the plate  carefully cutting it open and serve.

Note: 
1) You can also use salmon for this recipe. Other vegetables can also be used like baby bokchoy, bean sprouts, onion leeks and cabbage.

2) I reserved the remaining marinade and used it as a dressing for the steamed green beans that I served together with the fish.

3) Alternately, you can brush the packets with olive oil and bake at a 425 F oven for 8-10 minutes until the packet puffs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment